So rather than forgetting the entire DIY plan I had, I have decided to post about my favorite DIY at the moment, YARN LETTERS! It is also very appropriate for this time of year because of Valentines' Day!
The DIY is from My Sister's Suitcase which is a fabulous DIY blog! I have found myself over at their blog numerous times! Go check her out!
I have found a few tutorials for these yarn letters but Nat + Holly have the best tutorial by far! I would love to make these letters for a nursery with cool vintage colours!
I am just going to include the basic steps and the products needed. They offer great detailed instructions over on their blog, so I would highly recommend reading their DIY post for techniques!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Cardboard Letters
- Yarn (colour of your choice)
- Hot Glue Gun + Glue Sticks
1. Loop your yarn into 2 inch segments, then cut the loops with scissor to create several small pieces of yarn.
2. Apply hot glue onto the edge of your letter. Place the yarn onto the glue and press down quickly. Make sure all the pieces are nice and snug.
3. Once you have to top glued, trim the edges evenly, leaving enough room to glue them around the sides.
4. You only need to cover the edge to the point where the actual wrapping begins.
5. Start wrapping! Remember to wrap tightly!